Some tips for surviving trips to the waterpark with your kids
This June & July, at Hospitality Dental, we decided to thank our loyal patients by giving them complimentary tickets to local water parks when they come in for their appointments. Click here for more information about this promotion. Tips on how to survive your family’s trip to one of these water parks in southern California:
- Get there early. It’s the only way to escape the crowds and lines.
- Come prepared. Your essentials: sunscreen, sun glasses, hats with visors, and beach towels.
- Have an easy drive. Check out how to pack your car for the trip.
- Come dressed. Wear your swim suit underneath your clothes or cover-up for less hassle.
- Use sunscreen. Keep it in the refrigerator overnight. It will be cool and refreshing when you apply it in the morning!
- Have a set meeting place. If your family gets separated at the water park, have a designated spot to meet.
- Watch your kids. Life guards do a great job, but they can’t see everyone at once.
- Keep your money and valuables hidden.
- Take breaks to cool off and get hydrated.
- Create a tantrum-free exit. Having some sort of incentive or something the kids can be excited for when you leave. Enjoy this moment. You’re super Mom.
We hope that everyone has a fun Summer and enjoys their trip to the water park! For more awesome ideas and tips for the Water park, visit our special Pinterest board!
Knott’s Soak City Water Park – www.soakcityoc.com
8039 Beach Blvd. Buena Park
Hours: Open 10 a.m. daily through Sept. 1, then Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 6-14
Information: (714) 220-5200
Perks: Season pass holders may enter the park at 8:30 a.m. Complimentary yoga class for season pass holders 8:45-9:45 a.m. Friday and Saturday June 27-Aug. 9.
Wet ‘n’ Wild Water Park Palm Springs – www.wetnwildpalmsprings.com
1500 S Gene Autry Trail. Palm Springs
Hours: Open 10 a.m. daily through August 17, then Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 6- Oct.12
Information: (760) 327-0499
Perks: Dive-in Movies on Fridays 10am-10pm July 11th- August 1st.
The Cove Water Park – www.covewaterpark.org
4310 Camino Real. Riverside
Hours: Open 11 a.m. daily through August 17, then Saturday and Sunday until Sept. 14
Information: (951) 360-1974
Perks: Dive-in Movies on Fridays June 6- August 22. Discounts for season pass holders on food and rentals.
Splash Kingdom Water Park – www.splashkingdom.net
1101 N. California Street. Redlands
Hours: Open daily through Aug. 17, then Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 23-Sept. 28, plus Sept. 1
Information: (909) 335-7275