This might be tricky in the beginning, but you’ll be flashing your confident smile after these tips!
Brushing with braces:
- Remove any attachments such as elastics or bands
- Brush around all parts of your braces and every surface of your teeth – fronts, sides, and backs of chewing surfaces for at least two full minutes
- Rinse thoroughly after brushing with water or a mouth rinse recommended by your orthodontist
- Check for any loose or broken brackets
Flossing with braces:
- Use about 18 inches of floss
- Thread the floss between the main wire and your teeth
- Wrap the ends of your floss around the eds of your index finger to handle the floss easier
- Bring the floss between two teeth, slide the floss up and down along the sides of both teeth.
- Remove the floss, gently unthread it from behind the wire and move on to the next pair of teeth
Remember to brush and floss every time before you go to bed. With a little practice, you’ll be an expert in no time!